Re: Changing gitlab-ci.yml for user-facing programs?

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 04:22:52PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current salsa-CI setting is designed in a way that it checks
> that onupdating a package a reverse dep is not breaking (as things work this way in the
> go world) -- great.
>
> However, it still lacks the intensive testing that usual
> salsa_CI config has (build + i386build + lintian + reprotest + arch:any build + arch:all .. so on)
> due to understandeable reasons for now (not much resources IIRC?)
>
> However I think the current config is not useful for packages that users will directly
> use as programs, and which do not have an arch:all lib package.
> For example: aerc, micro, riseup-vpn, go-sendxmpp et. al. and I would much rather like to use
> the default salsa-ci config pipeline for these and I have changed it for a couple of them already.
>
> What do you think? And is there an objection in general?

Please only change for packages that you want, like what you have done.
I'm object to change it for general.
I consider the salsaci[1] waste of resources.

For packages that only using the exposed feature of dh-golang, they are not expected to fix
any issues found by salsaci[1], like reprotest, arch:any, arch:all...
The only way to get issues fixed is to work with dh-golang maintenance, or go compiler for
issues like reproducible, hardening, etc.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline