Re: security updates of Golang packages

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 6:30 AM Thorsten Alteholz <debian@alteholz.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2022, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> >> If you look at package crowdsec, you find no dependency on
> >> golang-github-tidwall-gjson in its Built-Using:, but only an entry for
> >> golang-github-appleboy-gin-jwt.
> >>
> >> golang-github-appleboy-gin-jwt for its part depends on
> >> golang-github-tidwall-gjson-dev.
> >>
> >> So wouldn't be crowdsec affected by a CVE in golang-github-tidwall-gjson,
> >> which is not detected when using Built-Using: but only by Build-Depends:?
> >>
> >> At least I got more packages to be rebuilt when using ratt than with
> >> Built-Using: ...
> >
> > This is exactly the case for false positives of Build-Depends.
>
> Ah, ok, do you have an example with a similar dependency chain with
> packages not only used for tests and a correct Built-Using:-entry?
>
> Otherwise a false positive would be much better than an unfixed package,
> wouldn't it.

We can still take the crowdsec and golang-github-appleboy-gin-jwt examples.

golang-github-appleboy-gin-jwt-dev Depends golang-github-dgrijalva-jwt-go-dev,
but crowdsec doesn't Build-Depends golang-github-dgrijalva-jwt-go-dev.

However  golang-github-dgrijalva-jwt-go is in crowdsec's Built-Using.

--
Shengjing Zhu