Re: RFS: golang-github-mdlayher-socket

On Tue, 2022-04-26 at 08:11 +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 08:57:34PM +0000, Mathias Gibbens wrote:
> >   I'm looking for a sponsor for my update to the existing package
> > golang-github-mdlayher-socket, which can be viewed on salsa at [1].
> > Now
> > that the version of golang-golang-x-sys has been updated, it's
> > possible
> > to update this package. The newer version is a dependency for my
> > LXD
> > packaging work.
>
> Uploaded, thanks for your work!

  Thank you! I did notice that one of the tests
(TestLinuxDialVsockNoListener) failed on the buildd [2]. I took a quick
look, and I'm not sure why that's happening. The kernel looks current,
although the version of sbuild and some of the toolchain packages on
the buildd are a little old. I'll dig more into this later tomorrow.

> BTW, x-sys migration to testing is being stalled[1] due to a couple
> of test failures
> of rev-deps - which are prolly unrelated to x-sys but need to be
> fixed anyway for the migration.
> I have not checked if they are temporary failures, but do consider
> taking a look them
> as they need to be fixed.

  Yup, I saw that as well and hit the "retry" button for both failures,
which then passed. :) I've found that occasionally rdep autopkgtests
will randomly fail, and then pass on the next try....

Mathias

[2] -- https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=golang-github-mdlayher-socket&arch=all&ver=0.2.3-1&stamp=1650941915&raw=0