Re: Errors Packaging Nebula

Hi Alex,

On 7/8/21 10:28 PM, Alex David wrote:
> On 7/7/21 11:29 PM, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>

>  > You must take care of abort-upgrade/abort-remove/abort-deconfigure
> step as well. IMO, that message should be printed only during the
> configure step.
>  >
>  > Just take a look at a few sample postinst files, and you'll get an idea
>
> Thanks! Fixed.

Not quite -- you still did not handle the abort-* options, and you should *not*
exit with a 0 status if it is not in configure state. You might want to read up a little
on maintainer scripts[1]

I did what I thought was sensible, and pushed -- please take a look.

Also, I'm not comfortable with nebula binding to port 4242 by "default"
It also seems to allow all outbound ports by default, in your d/config.yml

IMO, you really, *really* should ask the user about these things during configuration,
and set the values accordingly there. I did it as an example for port number, and pushed to salsa.
Please take a look

If you agree w/ me, please also consider to do so for a few other settings too. If you do not wish to,
you might wish to simply remove those options from default config.yml

To be fair, I would not like if a software directly binds to ports, opens outbound ports, sets
a listening host port and so on without my knowledge.
Let me know what do you think about this

[1]: https://people.debian.org/~srivasta/MaintainerScripts.html