Re: glibc 2.3 migration plans

   Well on ppc we will have one specific requirement. All builds will
have to be done on binutils or greater. This is because
in binutils a glitch in how *r_offset was set was corrected
(now its always zero) that prevented prelink from unprelinking back to
the original binaries. This was because the value of *r_offset was set
in an unpredictable manner before. The need for binutils
is because of a bug that caused libraries to be created by ld which
were not properly -zcombreloc and caused prelink to complain. This
fix is multi-arch so while we don't know for sure if it effected non-ppc
arches before, it certainly can't now.