Re: glibc 2.3 migration plans

Ben,
   Well on ppc we will have one specific requirement. All builds will
have to be done on binutils 2.13.90.0.6 or greater. This is because
in binutils 2.13.90.0.5 a glitch in how *r_offset was set was corrected
(now its always zero) that prevented prelink from unprelinking back to
the original binaries. This was because the value of *r_offset was set
in an unpredictable manner before. The need for binutils 2.13.90.0.6
is because of a bug that caused libraries to be created by ld which
were not properly -zcombreloc and caused prelink to complain. This
fix is multi-arch so while we don't know for sure if it effected non-ppc
arches before 2.13.90.0.6, it certainly can't now.
                         Jack