Re: glibc 2.3 migration plans

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 11:11:45AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
>    What are the current glibc 2.3 migration plans for debian sid?
> Are we coupling this with the gcc 3.2 build transition? Or are
> we going before that. I am currently running the debian glibc cvs
> package for glibc 2.3-1  on debian ppc sid with everything
> prelinked on the machine save for j2sdk and emacs. So far this
> glibc and prelinking is rock stable.

Since the gcc-3.2 integration depends on coordination from glibc, we are
probably going to syncronize this effort. The buildd folks will be in on
this, since they will practically halt normal build operations so that
things can be rebuilt.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/