Re: GDAL 1.11.4/2.0.2

On 11-02-16 21:17, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 11-02-16 18:37, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 07-02-16 23:32, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> That removes all the blockers for the transition to GDAL 2.0, so may we
>>> may want to do that instead of 1.11.4. Although the GDAL 2.0 packages
>>> will need to pass NEW again causing delays. I prefer transitioning to
>>> 1.11.4 first because of that.
>>
>> I just remembered that OTB doesn't support GDAL 2.0 yet, it wasn't on my
>> radar because it's still in NEW.
>>
>> After the transition to 1.11.4, we need to evaluate how much work is
>> required to backport the GDAL 2.0 changes that OTB upstream is working on.
>
> Further inspection shows that OTB 5.2 does have support GDAL 2.0, but it
> FTBFS in irrespective of the GDAL version used. Hopefully that's fixed
> in the recently released 5.2.1 (which is not on SF yet). I'm having a go
> at updating the otb package for 5.2.1 now.

OTB doesn't support ITK 4.9.0 yet, it removed some headers OTB relies
on, issue reported in: https://bugs.orfeo-toolbox.org/view.php?id=1142

If otb gets accepted before GDAL 2.0 is available in unstable and otb
manages to migrate to testing, the inability to rebuild otb will be a
blocker for the transition. Fortunately one we can easily solve with an
RC bug.