Re: GDAL 1.11.4/2.0.2

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> GDAL 1.11.4 & 2.0.2 have been released, but unfortunately we're not able
> to transition to GDAL 2.0 yet. Upstream would like everyone including
> Debian & Ubuntu to adopt 2.0, as would I. We mostly need the Fiona 1.7
> release which is not expected until March. [0]

The packaged version of fiona is not widely used. I don't think it
should stop us moving towards gdal 2.
If I'm not mistaking, the patches to build with GDAL 2 already exist,
so perhaps we can do an upload of that version to experimental (and
remove from sid).

A bit unconventional, but I think in this case the advantage of moving
towards GDAL2 are larger than sticking to fiona in sid/stretch.

Kind Regards,
Johan