Re: sfcgal package for postgis and others

On 29-07-15 16:21, Sven Geggus wrote:
> Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> Yes. I also tend to build the package first and then unpack the .deb
>> with `dpkg-deb -R` and use the path to the unpacked library for the
>> pkgkde-gensymbols -e option.
>>
>>> 2. Do I also need to keep symbols.amd64 (output of pkgkde-gensymbols) in git or is
>>> it sufficient to keep debian/libsfcgal1.symbols
>>
>> No, you don't need to keep the symbols.* files around. They're only
>> required to create the initial symbols file with pkgkde-symbolshelper.
>> You can remove them after you've run `pkgkde-symbolshelper create`.
>
> OK then.
>
> I pushed a new version to git.debian.org with the following changes:
> * changed Version in debian/changelog to (1.1.0-2~exp1) UNRELEASED
> * changed debian/libsfcgal1.symbols according to the manual from
>   http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/symbolfiles.html

Please see my comments in reply to your symbols change commit message on
pkg-grass-devel@.

That's the only change you still need to make before you can set the
distribution to experimental (using `dch -rD experimental`). See:

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#git-release-upload

> Can I upload this to experimental myself now or do you need to assist?

No, you're not a DD nor DM yet so you can only upload packages to
mentors.debian.net. You should upload to mentors until you're a DM or DD
to get upload permissions to the archive.

After you've uploaded the package to mentors, you should request
sponsorship by filing a RFS bug against sponsorship-requests. See:

http://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto

Make sure to CC pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org as documented in
the Debian GIS Policy to inform the team explicitly:

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#sponsorship

I'll most likely sponsor the upload when I see an RFS for a package
maintained within the Debian GIS team.

The upload to mentors is not strictly required because I'll build the
package from the Alioth git repository instead of rebuilding the source
package uploaded to mentors, but it's good practice to keep uploads in
your workflow. When you get the upload permission because you've become
a DD or DM you'll just replace the destination from mentors to ftp-master.