Re: sfcgal package for postgis and others

On 29-07-15 16:05, Sven Geggus wrote:
> Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> You therefor need to recreate the symbols file as documented in:
>>
>> http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/symbolfiles.html
>
> OK, two more questions:
>
> 1. When using "gbp buildpackage --git-pbuilder" there does not seem to be a
> way to keep the files inside debian/tmp so I used the libSFCGAL.so.1 from
> the generated package instead. Is this OK?

Yes. I also tend to build the package first and then unpack the .deb
with `dpkg-deb -R` and use the path to the unpacked library for the
pkgkde-gensymbols -e option.

> 2. Do I also need to keep symbols.amd64 (output of pkgkde-gensymbols) in git or is
> it sufficient to keep debian/libsfcgal1.symbols

No, you don't need to keep the symbols.* files around. They're only
required to create the initial symbols file with pkgkde-symbolshelper.
You can remove them after you've run `pkgkde-symbolshelper create`.