Re: sfcgal package for postgis and others

On 06/16/2015 11:46 AM, Sven Geggus wrote:
> Hm I have been using exactly the command from the website for setting up the
> chroot:
> cowbuilder --create --distribution=sid --basepath=/var/cache/pbuilder/base-sid.cow --hookdir=~/pbuilder-hooks/
>
> No lintian gets started, when calling "gbp buildpackage --git-pbuilder"

I had the same problem when setting up my laptop with Debian Jessie. I
don't use cowbuilder on my desktop machine (I just use pbuilder), so it
was my first time following the instructions on the GIS policy
(http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#git-pbuilder).

Unfortunately, my laptop broke before I had a chance to work out what I
had done wrong. From memory it did not find the hooks directory, or
there was a message that no hooks were found in there. I can't remember.
But at least it sounds like it might not be my fault (the hooks I mean -
breaking the laptop was my fault) :-)

The other question I wanted to ask was how you can do an update of the
chroot easily. If found myself doing:
sudo cowbuilder --update --distribution=sid
--basepath=/var/cache/pbuilder/base-sid.cow
which is very long. Do others make an alias, or is there a way to store
some defaults?

Maybe a small tweak is due for the instructions (which I am happy to do
if we agree the fixes here)?

Cheers,

Ross