Re: sfcgal package for postgis and others

Hello,

as this thread starts getting a little bit confusing I will reply to my original
post again.

I'm still unable to get the lintian pbuilder hook up and running, but I
don't really care because I can just call lintian manually.

So here is the current state of the lintian report:

P: sfcgal source: debian-watch-may-check-gpg-signature
P: libsfcgal-dev: no-upstream-changelog
X: libsfcgal-dev: duplicate-files usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-basic_manip/CMakeLists.txt usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-cartesian_kernel/CMakeLists.txt usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-point_generator/CMakeLists.txt usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-polygon_triangulation2/CMakeLists.txt usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-triangulation2/CMakeLists.txt usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/SFCGAL-offset/CMakeLists.txt
X: libsfcgal-dev: duplicate-files usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/SFCGAL-asc2osg/CMakeLists.txt usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/SFCGAL-export-osg/CMakeLists.txt
I: libsfcgal1: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSFCGAL.so.1.1.0 inconsistant inconsistent
I: libsfcgal1: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSFCGAL.so.1.1.0
P: libsfcgal1: no-upstream-changelog
I: sfcgal-bin: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/viewer-SFCGAL informations information
P: sfcgal-bin: no-upstream-changelog

Out of those I only consider hardening-no-fortify-functions and the spelling
stuff a showstopper. "P:" means pedantic anyway and "X:" ist just plain
stupid as it is does perfectly make sense to name CMakeLists.txt the same
all over the place.

I don't know why I still have the hardening-no-fortify-functions problem, as
I added all the stuff from
https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening#Using_Hardening_Options
to debian/rulse file and "-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2" is handed to the c++ compiler
during compilation as expected.

Concerning the spelling errors my upstream patch has been accepted
unfortunately without adding a new tag. So what's the best way to include
this upstream diff?

Ah and something else: I disabled the tests again as they are testing the
in-system library instead of the just compiled one.

Regards

Sven

--
"Der wichtigste Aspekt, den Sie vor der Entscheidung für ein Open
Source-Betriebssystem bedenken sollten, ist, dass Sie kein