Re: sfcgal package for postgis and others

Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> You need to add the hooks when you're creating the chroot, or when you
> want to add them to an existing chroot you need to use the --hookdir
> option together with the --save-after-login option to store the chroot
> changes.

Hm I have been using exactly the command from the website for setting up the
chroot:
cowbuilder --create --distribution=sid --basepath=/var/cache/pbuilder/base-sid.cow --hookdir=~/pbuilder-hooks/

No lintian gets started, when calling "gbp buildpackage --git-pbuilder"

Anyway, I think I have fixed the remaining stuff.

I added an override for the fortify stuff and there are only a couple of minor
pedantic warnings left.

--cut--
P: sfcgal source: debian-watch-may-check-gpg-signature
N: Build uses -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2, but hardening-check reports:
N: Fortify Source functions: no, only unprotected functions found!
N:        unprotected: printf
N:        unprotected: memcpy
N:        unprotected: memmove
N:        unprotected: strncpy
O: libsfcgal1: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSFCGAL.so.1.1.0
P: libsfcgal1: no-upstream-changelog
P: libsfcgal-dev: no-upstream-changelog
X: libsfcgal-dev: duplicate-files
usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-basic_manip/CMakeLists.txt
usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-cartesian_kernel/CMakeLists.txt
usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-point_generator/CMakeLists.txt
usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-polygon_triangulation2/CMakeLists.txt
usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/CGAL-triangulation2/CMakeLists.txt
usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/SFCGAL-offset/CMakeLists.txt
X: libsfcgal-dev: duplicate-files
usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/SFCGAL-asc2osg/CMakeLists.txt
usr/share/doc/libsfcgal-dev/examples/SFCGAL-export-osg/CMakeLists.txt
P: sfcgal-bin: no-upstream-changelog
--cut--

So if you don't dig out another showstopper for me I would give it a go now.

If you would have asked me 2 Weeks ago I would have said that I know how to
build a Debian package, but now I'm not so shure anymore.

Regards

Sven

--
"A strategy for rewarding artists that regulates 'copies' makes as much sense
in the digital age as a strategy for controlling greenhouse gases that