Re: OpenStreetMap Software

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 08:04:56PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> > Looking at the 'control' file just now and I have some issues:
> > * Is "Section: science" right? OSM doesn't really have anything to do with
> >   science.
>
> This is the recommended section for GIS packages as documented in the
> policy:
>
> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/policy.html#debian-control

... and we also need to cope with the fact that Debian has a quite
limited set of available sections.  The other fit would be "misc" and I
think we should prefer "science" over it.  You should also be aware that
the choice of the section has basically no visible influence.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de