Re: OpenStreetMap Software

Hi!

On Mi, Mär 11, 2015 at 06:18:49 +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> The libosmium package is basically ready, the last outstanding issue is
> the preferred content of the Upstream-Contact field in the copyright file.

Looking at the 'control' file just now and I have some issues:
* Is "Section: science" right? OSM doesn't really have anything to do with
  science.
* I am not sure about the 'Build-Depends'. Libosmium2-dev doesn't really
  have to be built because it is a header-only lib. It depends on what you are
  doing which dependencies you need, but those are really dependencies for
  programs depending on libosmium, not dependencies of libosmium itself. Some
  dependencies are needed for running the tests or to build the examples or
  the documentation.
* I suggest removing "osmium-tool" and "osmium-contrib" from the "Suggests"
  list. Those are simply "users" of libosmium, I don't think we want to
  list every package that uses libosmium in the Suggests list. Similar for
  other packages.
* All the other packages (osmium-tool etc.) should probably declare
  build-dependency on libosmium2-dev.

For some reason git-buildpackage doesn't find the dependency packages on
my system. I get errors like
Err http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main libosmpbf-dev amd64 1.3.3-2
  404  Not Found
so I couldn't look at the package myself yet.

> This is currently:
>
>  Osmium Developers <dev@openstreetmap.org>
>
> And I'm tempted to change it to the contact URL:
>
>  Osmium Developers (http://osmcode.org/contact)
>
> While for the (old) osmium package it's
>
>  Jochen Topf <jochen@topf.org>
>
> What is your preference as upstream developer?

I think the link to http://osmcode.org/contact is best. This gives us a level
of indirections that allows some flexibility to direct different kinds of
requests to different channels and one place where we can change the contact.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-173-7019282