Re: qmapshack for debian

On 08/06/2014 02:25 PM, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:

>> On 08/06/2014 04:07 AM, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I changed way how to get orig tarball. Works fine now ;)
>>> How does package looks now to you?
>>
>> With the fixed version mangline in debian/watch that I broke, I don't
>> have any more comments except one.
>>
>> Have you configured the lintian hook in your pbuilder environment to run
>> lintian after every package build?
>>

> No, I am used to build to folder outside of pbuilder chroot ( managed in
> config file ) and after each build run:
> $ lintian -IE --pedantic
> path/to/build_folder/package_0.0.1-1_amd64.changes

That seems to amount to pretty much the same result.

I suspect you use the git-buildpackage defaults that store the build
results in the parent directory instead of under
/var/cache/pbuilder/result/, that's perfectly fine.

>> lintian caught the malformed watch file. And for me is a large part of
>> my TODO list for a package.
>>

> I have noticed that, but I thought you are aware of it and it is your "work
> in progress"

I wasn't until the lintian reported it after the new build. Sorry for
not catching that sooner (before pushing the change).

>> How to configure the lintian pbuilder hook is documented in the policy:
>>
>> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#git-pbuilder-hooks
>>

> I will check.

It would save you from manually running lintian after your build. I
think that the more we can automate the better.

>> I think the package is ready for a final build and RFS.
>>

> Let me know how in GIS team you are used to do it.

We should probably include a section about sponsoring in the Packaging
Walkthrough in the policy for easy reference. That's still on my TODO
list for the 'Uploading a new package release' section. (TODO sections
in the policy are marked with '...').

> In pkg-multimedia team I would just announce finished work in team ML and
> sooner or latter some DD will review and if fine build and upload.

Unfortunately we don't have many very active DDs in the team. The best
way to get sponsoring in the Debian GIS team is currently the Sponsoring
of Blends initiative by Andreas Tille.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB

Basically get your package in shape and make sure the changes in git are
pushed to the repository on git.debian.org, as described in the policy:

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#git-push

Build the package and upload it mentors.debian.net if you're not a DM.

File a RFS bug for sponsorship-requests using reportbug and the template
provided on the package package on mentors.

Once you get the bug number for your RFS, add an entry to the SoB wiki
page. The SoB entries contain a link to the package on the gis tasks
page on blends.debian.org.

qmapshack wasn't yet included in a Debian GIS tasks, so I just added it
alongside qlandkartegt in the gps tasks. Once the pages are rebuild with
the recent changes in git it should be available at:

http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/gps#qmapshack

Andreas gets notified of all changes to the SoB wiki page, responds
pretty quickly to them.

> best regards
>
> mira

 GPG Key ID: 4096R/E88D4AF1