Re: qmapshack for debian

On 08/05/2014 05:23 PM, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
> Now I can ask team members for reviewing and uploading qmapshack?

For starters I recommend the usage of Config::Model, specifically it's
dpkg support for a consistently formatted d/control.

Its usage is documented in the Debian GIS Policy:

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/policy.html#cme

This would fix the reported lintian errors:

E: qmapshack source: multiline-field maintainer
E: qmapshack: multiline-field maintainer

Secondly I'm not sure about some of the build dependencies.

You're currently using:

 debhelper (>= 9.20120417~),
 libgdal1-dev (>= 1.5.2-3) | libgdal-dev,
 libproj-dev | proj,

If you don't intent to support backports, the following should be
sufficient:

 debhelper (>= 9),
 libgdal-dev (>= 1.10.1-0~),
 libproj-dev,

Debhelper 9.20140613 is in testing and unstable, and satisfies the
version requirement.

Since gdal 1.10.0 libgdal-dev is the recommended build dependency.

The same goes for the proj build dependency, libproj-dev should be
sufficient.

>From the get-orig-source target in debian/rules I see that the ~repack0
upstream version suffix is used to denote the repacking done to remove
the .hg data for the Mercurial repository.

The suffix '+dfsg' is more common, but more appropriate if the repacking
is done to strip DFSG non-free files. That doesn't seem to be the case
so '+ds' is probably the better choice in this case.

With the recent enhancements in uscan it can strip files listed in the
Files-Excluded section of the debian/copyright file, you could use this
instead of the tar dance in debian/rules.

The current get-orig-source target can also be simplified by using `tar
--delete`. For an example see its usage in postgis:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/postgis.git/tree/debian/get-orig-source

Finally the package contains the qlandkartegt.menu file, which doesn't
seem appropriately named for qmapshack. And appears unused in the package.

For the rest your package looks good, pretty straight forward stuff.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/E88D4AF1