Re: Improved git commit notifications using new git-commit-notice

On 01/27/2014 03:14 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 03:10:46PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 09:39:24PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> If there a no objections, I'll update the setup-repository script to use
>>> /usr/local/bin/git-commit-notice for new git repositories and update the
>>> existing post-receive hooks to use the new script as well.
>>>
>>> The announcement of the new git-commit-notice is included below.
>>>

>> Yes please, and while on that, we should also have a CIA script around currently
>> not working after restore of alioth...

I've updated the post-receive hooks to use the new git-commit-notice,
and setup-repository to use it for newly created repos.

> s/CIA/KGB/
>
> since CIA is dead long before the alioth restore which is not connected.
> (I wonder how many points this mail will score in the NSA database. ;-))
>
> I guess Debian Perl team has some working example for copying.

The request for KGB services for Debian GIS has been sent, and 2 of the
3 bots are already configured (KGB-{0,2}). I've disabled KGB-1 in the
config for now, it can be enabled when KGB-1 joins #debian-gis.

I've also updated the post-receive hooks to use kgb-client in addition
to git-commit-notice.

Due to permission issues I couldn't update the post-receive hook for the
osmium repository. It's still owned by the scm_pkg-osm group instead of
scm_pkg-grass:

drwxrwsr-x+ 7 tille scm_pkg-osm 4096 Dec 17 16:35 /git/pkg-grass/osmium.git/

Andreas, can you change the group ownership?

I can then update the post-receive hook, or you can edit it to contain:

#!/bin/sh
exec pee /home/groups/kgb/bin/kgb-client-trunk
/usr/local/bin/git-commit-notice

GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)