Re: SpatiaLite transition

Hi Bas,

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 08:18:56PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> > I have a very good relation to David from Debian Med team (where he
> > entered Debian).  As far as I know (from mail and by personal
> > information from some other italian DD who knows him) David is quite
> > stressed and overworked with real life.  Recent mails I sended remained
> > unanswered despite I know him as very responsive in the past.  So we
> > should probably go on without him and IMHO it is perfectly in his
> > interest if we might move his packages to pkg-grass.  We also decided
> > to do this in the last IRC meeting.
>
> Can we just create forks of the repositories in question?
>
> I've got updated packaging for FreeXL and ReadOSM in my personal git
> repo, that I cannot push to their origin in collab-maint and pkg-osm.
>
> But I'm not sure if highjacking the packages like this is proper.

As I said I would not regard this as a big problem but I'm happy for
sure that you received explicite permission from David (in your other
mail).

> > Any hint?
>
> The repo on Alioth was a bit outdated, I just pushed all my changes to
> correct this.

Ahh.  Now it worked and the package is uploaded.

> > Yep, I could do this.  If it is just my with my broken Git skills I might
> > just fetch the upstream tarball manually.  We can proceed with the other
> > packages step by step.
>
> Git skills should be the issue. Having the patience to wait for the
> armel builds before uploading the next package will be. ;-)

Just tell me once the next package can be uploaded.

> Thanks for your sponsoring and other efforts to improve the Debian GIS
> Blend.

It is for the general good of Debian if I support Debian GIS.

BTW, did you applied for becoming DM / DD?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de