Re: SpatiaLite transition

On 10/14/2013 08:18 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 10/14/2013 07:42 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>> Not all of the Gaia-SINS software is maintained by Debian GIS, FreeXL is
>>> maintained by David Paleino in collab-maint, and ReadOSM by David in
>>> pkg-osm. Fortunately these new upstream versions are not required by the
>>> packages that are part of Debian GIS.
>>
>> I have a very good relation to David from Debian Med team (where he
>> entered Debian).  As far as I know (from mail and by personal
>> information from some other italian DD who knows him) David is quite
>> stressed and overworked with real life.  Recent mails I sended remained
>> unanswered despite I know him as very responsive in the past.  So we
>> should probably go on without him and IMHO it is perfectly in his
>> interest if we might move his packages to pkg-grass.  We also decided
>> to do this in the last IRC meeting.
>
> Can we just create forks of the repositories in question?
>
> I've got updated packaging for FreeXL and ReadOSM in my personal git
> repo, that I cannot push to their origin in collab-maint and pkg-osm.
>
> But I'm not sure if highjacking the packages like this is proper.

I just got a reply from David giving permission to move FreeXL and
ReadOSM to pkg-grass. He also said that he thinks he'll be able to
devote some time to Debian in the near future. Which is awesome.

I'll work these packaging into the transition too.

Regards,

GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)