Re: SpatiaLite transition

Hi Bas,

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 06:00:55PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> After noticing that spatialite-tools was in danger of being removed from
> testing, and seeing that the transition to 4.x had stalled, I've looked
> into how to move this along again.

Thanks for your work on this.

> Not all of the Gaia-SINS software is maintained by Debian GIS, FreeXL is
> maintained by David Paleino in collab-maint, and ReadOSM by David in
> pkg-osm. Fortunately these new upstream versions are not required by the
> packages that are part of Debian GIS.

I have a very good relation to David from Debian Med team (where he
entered Debian).  As far as I know (from mail and by personal
information from some other italian DD who knows him) David is quite
stressed and overworked with real life.  Recent mails I sended remained
unanswered despite I know him as very responsive in the past.  So we
should probably go on without him and IMHO it is perfectly in his
interest if we might move his packages to pkg-grass.  We also decided
to do this in the last IRC meeting.

> For the SpatiaLite family the following packages where updated:
>
>  1) libgaiagraphics  (0.4b  -> 0.5)

I checked this but I got:

$ git-buildpackage
gbp:info: Orig tarball 'libgaiagraphics_0.5.orig.tar.gz' not found at '../tarballs/'
fatal: Path 'libgaiagraphics_0.5.orig.tar.gz.delta' does not exist in 'refs/heads/pristine-tar'
pristine-tar: git show refs/heads/pristine-tar:libgaiagraphics_0.5.orig.tar.gz.delta failed
gbp:error: Couldn't checkout "libgaiagraphics_0.5.orig.tar.gz": /usr/bin/pristine-tar returned 128

I'm not sure why this happened.  In the past this happened from time
to time and I was able to cure the problem by a fresh `gbp-clone <URL>`
but in this case I have a fresh checkout and all branches are there:

$ git branch
* master
  pristine-tar
  upstream

Any hint?

> Andreas has kindly offered his SoB for the uploads, so I'll use that to
> coordinate the uploads of the packages in question.

Yep, I could do this.  If it is just my with my broken Git skills I might
just fetch the upstream tarball manually.  We can proceed with the other
packages step by step.

Thanks for your immense work on these packages

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de