Re: [DebianGIS] Re: postgis deb

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 07:58:21AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com) wrote:
> > To get access to the Alioth repository, contact the project maintainer
> > Francesco Lovergine and tell him your alioth user name.  He is frankie
> > on the #geo IRC channel on OFTC.
>
> I've been talking with frankie about the PostGIS package ever since I
> ran into Alex's PostGIS packages.  We're actually looking towards using
> svn but in any case it's going to make more sense to import an initial
> package cleanly than try to create an appropriate diff against what's in
> CVS currently.  As such we need to wait till we've got that initial
> package before committing it.  Don't worry, I've every intention of
> using a public repository, either on alioth or elsewhere (as I think I
> already mentioned..), it just doesn't make sense till there's something
> useful to commit.

An svn repo for debian-gis can also be created on alioth for those who prefer
subversion. AFAIK we are approaching finally alioth upgrading, so we
should be soon far from shortage in resources on that regards. Currently
svn support is not fully integrated in alioth gforge, it needs manual
syncing by alioth admin, but that's not a problem...