Re: [DebianGIS] Re: postgis deb

Alex,

* alex bodnaru (alexbodn@012.net.il) wrote:
> really, please be sure this is not a response to your lack of time to
> review my last changes, but, as i said before, to the discussion held on
> your public proposition to replace the current package on debian gis.
>
> although all this doesn't smell so good, i would rather agree to resign
> than imposing my maintainership on debian gis, and later even on main.
> please don't be offended by my attitude, i'm just trying to favourably
> follow the discussion above.

  I appriciate your candor and understanding.  I'd also like to ask you
  to continue to help improve the PostGIS package.  As I expect you
  realize, I do agree with Fabio on the approach he suggested but I
  don't feel that has to necessairly exclude you from helping with the
  package.

  I'd also like to offer my help and time to work on packaging PostGIS
  and would be willing to lead that effort if Fabio has run into time
  constraints.  I'm also a DD and can upload directly and would be happy
  to use a public repository for the packaging (perhaps on alioth or
  even elsewhere).  I believe there's been some other interest by others
  as well and so I feel we do need a coordinator for the package and if
  Fabio is running low on time then I'd be happy to coordinate things.
  I also feel that we need something which can be uploaded to Debian
  main in short order.

  In short, Fabio, if you're busy would you mind my taking a shot at
  adding necessary features from Alex's packages to your initial
  packaging, and perhaps some others which I feel are important, and
  uploading it to NEW in the next week or two?  Or would you rather I
  hold off until you can work on it?  Are there other interested parties
  who have some time to work on the packaging?

  	Thanks,

		Stephen