[DebianGIS] Re: postgis deb

fabio,

we all can hide behind language misunderstanding, as you did when you
answered my response to the announcement of your cut at postgis package.

a few days after your announcement, giuseppe posted a good review on
this list, followed by a discussion with frankie, stephen frost and
paolo cavalini regarding the way to replace the package i did with the
one you did.

so, even though by our discussion after your announcement i have
implemented the features you asked me to, and even duploaded a couple of
improvements, the list is seeing, and now probably even expecting, that
your package is going to replace mine.

however, i made my best to bring the list all my last improvements, so
that they receive support untill your package will change it.

really, please be sure this is not a response to your lack of time to
review my last changes, but, as i said before, to the discussion held on
your public proposition to replace the current package on debian gis.

although all this doesn't smell so good, i would rather agree to resign
than imposing my maintainership on debian gis, and later even on main.
please don't be offended by my attitude, i'm just trying to favourably
follow the discussion above.

alex