Re: [Pkg-grass-general] libpgjava in main

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 09:20 +0200, Wolfgang Baer wrote:
> alex bodnaru wrote:
> > hi wolfgang,
> >
> > it is very good news, thanks a lot.
> >
> > as for postgis, the situation is quite ironic. we have a very well
> > accepted package, and it will improve with upstream autoconf, but our
> > efforts to make it available on debian gis are technically frustrating.
>
> Whats the problem ?

technical problems on alioth made all my last duploads fail. but i might
chat with frankie today, so everything might be solved.

> > but i will happily remove the with and without java options.
> >
> > would it be exaggerated to ask for it on woody too?
>
> Do you mean libpgjava to main for woody ? As I understand the stable
> point releases of debian this is not possible - as it not fixes a
> security issue nor brings back the version in sync for all arches.
>
> But for an upload of postgis to debian only sarge/unstable are a target
> at all. A new package can't be included in a stable distribution
> (woody) !

so postgis cannot enter woody anyway, and libpostgisjava doesn't fully
work on woody anyway.

but debian gis repository still keeps woody, and making for it might
still require splitting the package.

alex