Re: iptables : no logs in kernel logs

source of problem is found : the rules as not matched
as I expected (--in-interface and --out-interface are
not matched as they were in my original install,
and this is why the LOG rules do not output anything).

I may launch a new thread about this problem rather soon..

thanks to all for your suggestions.

Pierre

> try to add --log-level option, if you do a ps -ef |grep syslog is the
process active ?, did you modify the syslog.conf file?. If you have to
much problems i sugest to use ULOG in debian apt-get install ULOG and
all  trafic you want to LOG, change LOG by ULOG and be saved by
> default in /var/log/ulog/syslogemu.log file.

>> you
>> >
>> > oh yes, of course, I forgot to mention it.
>> > i'm logging lot of things with the -j LOG flag.
>> > (my firewall script used to work very fine on another
>> > distro.)
>> Just to be sure, can you log any kernel message (try with
>> modprobe/insmod) ? If not, pay attention to start klogd _after_ syslog,
in order not to break the pipe. If you're using the default sysklogd,
it
>> should be the default behaviour. In that case, I've no suggestions.
Simply try to log a packet just before dropping it, and see if it's
really dropped.