Re: ReiserFS on a Firewall [was: Building Debian firewall]

> The only thing about ReiserFS is that depending on the kernel version
> used, it may or may not be completely stable. I have already seen a few
> reports on the linux-kernel mailing list of bugs/problems with ReiserFS
> in the recently released 2.4.5 kernel.

Patch already included in 2.4.5-ac1 announced, something to do with locking
after umount, on shutdown.

> Anyone know which version of the 2.4 kernel is most stable and reliable
> with ReiserFS ?

2.4.4 but backout the 'Run child first after fork' patch.  2.4.5-pre1 rom
Linus.
The alternative is to use SuSE where Reiser is included and tested.  Some of
the issues maybe due to failure to update the tools with new kernel
versions, it's new stuff, bleeding edge so you have to be careful.

Rob