Re: ReiserFS on a Firewall [was: Building Debian firewall]

> I think you should be careful about automatic apt-get anyway,
> because someone might be able to alter the sources.list or the dns
> reolve for your server, and inject manipulated files for this...

This is a very good point, that I wanted to put to the minimalist who argued
for using apt-get.  debs have to be extended with signing, but your security
is only as good as the ftp server you use at present, which is not ideal for
a firewall.

Using automatic apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, would not be wise for a
critical machine.  It's great for home use, but a corporate firewall...
that's real balls to the wall stuff.

Rob