From: Arne P. Boettger [mailto:apb@trommel.fh-wedel.de]On Behalf Of Arne
P. Boettger
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 3:02 PM
To: debian-firewall@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Building Debian firewall

Hello,

> > sounds all good BUT I would *STRONGLY* recomend you do *NOT*, I repeat,
do
> > *NOT* use reiserFS on a firewall box.  My boxes are potato with minimal
> > packages installed.  I wrote my own script using iptables and other
usefull
> > packages.

Just WHY do you so strongly argument against reiserFS on a Firewall?
My experience with it so far was good, and it is definitely good for
a firewall to be as least touchy about power outages and the fastest
to recover from them, and for this a journaling filesystem is afaik
the ideal choice.

--
Ciao, Arne.
                                                                  -o)