Re: Kial la esperanto ne plu estas en debian-instalilo ?

>    eo_EU sajnas la plej bonan kompromison. La Glibc-estro ne povos rifuzi
>    car eo_EU estas kohera kun la ISO-kodoj kaj la esperantaj uzadoj
>    bezonas malplej unuan esperantajn lokajojn.
>    Amike,

Well, I really think that this compromise is worse than eo_XX,
really..:-)

This seems to be restricting Esperanto to the European Union which is
obviously quite suprising for a supposedly universal language.

XX *is* a valid ISO-3166 code, in the series of codes that may be
used for "local" purposes.

On the other hand, EU has a quite special status in ISO-3166. It is
mentioned as *not* being an official ISO-3166-1 code, but just
"reserved" as the need for it is recognized by the ISO-3166 MA.

So, one could argue "against" eo_EU the same way one could argue
against eo_XX.