Re: Cross-compiling for powerpcspe

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:04:15 +0200
David Kuehling <dvdkhlng@gmx.de> wrote:

> I also verified that the binaries compiled via that toolchain run fine
> on a e500 cpu (when also copying /usr/powerpc-linux-gnuspe/lib over to
> the demo board).  Tested with a full compilation of Qt 4.7 from source,
> then running the demo programs.
>
> Running everything via cross-compilation instead of doing native builds
> really saved /a lot/ of time, btw.

... but if the native builds have already been done for Debian Ports
and your binary is functionally identical, exactly what was the point
of cross-building it in the first place?

Downloading the natively built package from Debian Ports (or in a few
days, Emdebian Grip) is a lot quicker than cross-building it.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/