Cross-compiling for powerpcspe

Hi,

I recently took a close look at using Debian as an embedded Linux
solution for my current job.  So far I must say we're pretty impressed.

For armel targets, I was quickly able to get a fully working
cross-compile environment using apt-cross and installing
g++-4.3-arm-linux-gnueabi toolchain from the Emdebian Lenny repository.

For powerpcspe, it is more difficult.  Currently I use libraries
installed via apt-cross from ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports, from both
'sid' and 'unreleased'.  The cross-toolchain was created using
dpkg-buildpackage (TARGET=powerpcspe) using current Debian Sid source
packages for binutils and gcc-4.4.

Now I still have a few questions that I couldn't find answers for on the
debian-ports or emdebian wikis:

 - Is there a mailinglist around the unofficial powerpcspe Debian port?
   Just use the powerpc list?

 - I wonder what's required to get a pre-build powerpcspe
   cross-toolchain into Emdebian?  Current gcc-4.4 from Sid seems to
   work fine.  Would be happy to supply patches if somebody could state
   what else needs to be done.

 - Installing a sysroot via apt-cross is somewhat difficult for
   powerpcspe since it requires installing packages from both 'sid' and
   'unreleased' suites.  Apt-cross can only use one suite at a time, and
   doing alternating installs from 'sid' and 'unreleased' requires
   properly selecting package order and causes all kind of dependency
   problems.  Any known workaround for that?

 - It seems to be impossible to find the source-packages corresponding
   to the binary packages in debian-ports.  E.g. debian-ports contains
   gcc-4.4_4.4.4-4+powerpcspe4.5.dsc, however the corresponding
   gcc-4.4_4.4.4.orig.tar.gz is not present on any debian mirror AFAICS.
   Did I overlook something?

Thanks for any help,
cheers,

David