Re: Help for mipsel building environment

Neil

thank you of your answer, I tried to apply that, but without success:

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> The changes you need are:
>
> 0. Copy /etc/pdebuild-cross/pdebuild-cross.rc to somewhere.
> Copy /usr/share/multistrap/mipsel.conf alongside it.
>
> 1. Specify mipsel in the CROSSARCH field in pdebuild-cross.rc and
> change the MULTISTRAPFILE field to specify the
> original /usr/share/multistrap/mipsel.conf file.
>
> http://pastebin.ca/1886301
>
> 2. Edit the local mipsel.conf file and add a single line to the
> [General] section: explicitsuite=true
>
> http://pastebin.ca/1886302

My configuration was yet exactely same that what you propose, but the
line explicitsuite=true

> 3. Make a subdirectory and create your tarball with:
> $ sudo multistrap -f mipsel.conf -d /path/to/subdir/
>
> 4. Copy or move that tarball into the place specified in
> pdebuild-cross.rc as BASETGZ
>
> 5. Login to the chroot and tweak the config:
> sudo pbuilder login --configfile pdebuild-cross.rc --save-after-login
>
> echo dpkg-cross dpkg-cross/default-arch string mipsel | debconf-set-selections
>
> dpkg-reconfigure dpkg-cross
>
> (This only needs to be done once. I must admit, I thought I'd got that
> bit working without the hack inside the chroot, that's what the
> CROSSARCH field was meant to do. I'll debug that later - file a bug
> report about that too if you like, in case I run out of time.)
>
> 6. Now you can copy the config files back into their original locations.

All this procedure work as explained.

I then tried to test my new build environment, for that I downloaded
the squeeze source of the nano package, then I try to build it with
pdebuild-cross. First it failed because the apt database was not up to date.

I eventually found that I can use the ordinary pbuilder command with
the proper configuration

 sudo pbuilder update --configfile /etc/pdebuild-cross/pdebuild-cross.rc

Then I tried to pdebuild-cross nano, the script ran without error, and
produced ...
A package for amd64, the host architecture;

The log is at http://pastebin.ca/1887268

To summarize,
- the script execute the proper:
pdebuild --architecture mipsel --configfile
/etc/pdebuild-cross/pdebuild-cross.rc
- It updates local package dependencies
- then execute A00cross-deps-hook to update apt-cache for mipsel
- then use dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc  -rfakeroot without specifying
any architecture

I'm not able to sort out what happen, my knowledge of pbuilder is to shallow.

Can you understand it?

Thanks again for your help

Marc

PS: I will report the doc wishes, once I have better understood the
process, some rough edges (like the update problem) appears only when
practicing.