Re: emdebian-tools in Squeeze

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 10:54:39PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:

> Patches in Emdebian SVN are a no-go from here on. Instead, I'll be
> experimenting with keeping source packages in Emdebian - complete and
> easily modified, i.e. forks.

Sounds good to me.

> This only works with a small number of packages, as per my email about
> the experiments with Crush.

Would it make sense to specify that Crush autobuilders set DEB_VENDOR to
"emdebian"? Currently, that doesn't make much difference with existing
packages, but we'd be able to merge changes back into Debian by letting
them look at DEB_VENDOR.

Apt already handles (by ignoring) multiarch qualified builddeps, not
only dpkg and dak are missing as the major roadblocks to getting cross
builddep information into the archive -- however that is only useful for
squeeze+1.

   Simon