Re: Experiments with Crush

Hi,

2010/3/18 Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
> The pre-requisite for all of this is ensuring that we have a plan for
> Crush that does not mean preserving the current (broken) cross-build
> behaviour. A lot of what we did for Crush 1.0 has to be ditched and
> reimplemented but that was inevitable anyway.

Using crush-rootfs as sysroot directory might help on cross-building.
But current cross tools are not sysroot enabled.

>> i.e. it is not intended to be able to apt-upgrade on the device itself.
>> An apt-upgrade would update the development environment, to produce a
>> new rootfs to load onto the target device.
>
> Multistrap support will go that way - although it's hard to persuade
> apt not to install itself into any system it is used to create.

Might be a path for udpkg with udeb support, that is d-i approach,
which it is what I would have thought for Crush, but there is not
upgrade path using udebs.

Regards,
--
 Héctor Orón