Re: Experiments with Crush

Does this mean that gnome-vfs, xfonts-base, xorg, xorg-server are core
components for Crush ???

I hope not.  There are some embedded environments, which Crush would be
extremely well suited for, that do not require any GUI libraries or X
servers.
Think about a small http or ftp server.  Maybe something that logs
temperatures (or some other real world signals) and the user can
download the logs via http, ftp, snmp, etc.

I think the crush core should be kept as minimal as possible.  Identify
the minimal packages and get the core building reliably such that Crush
can be released.  Other packages can then be layered on top of the core
as the end application requires.

Is that the plan ???

Cheers, Brendan.