Re: Emsandbox - where to get

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:28:48 +0200
Martin Fuzzey <mfuzzey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Neil Williams wrote:
> > You cannot use Ubuntu and emsandbox is not particularly happy inside a
> > Debian sid chroot on Ubuntu.
> >
> What problems is this likely to cause?

All problems relate to not correctly setting up the chroot in the first
place. If you've got things like locales, devpts, hosts - basically
everything for normal debootstrap to work - then it should be happy.
The issue is that documenting all those changes is way beyond the scope
of the emsandbox manpage so it's left as an exercise for the reader
with advice that don't come to us when it breaks.
:-)

> Maybe I'm just lucky but I've been running emsandbox in a lenny chroot
> on ubuntu 8.04 for a while now and haven't noticed anything wrong.

If it works, it will be fine - you'll notice the breakages. The problem
is that people simply won't spend the time fixing the chroot and
instead blame emsandbox. I'm not here to fix Ubuntu.