Re: Emsandbox - where to get

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:19:29 -0300
Amandeep Bhullar <arm.debian@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if my Debian is messed up or what, but every time I try
>
> apt-get install libemdebian-tools-perl emdebian-archive-keyring
>
> It comes up with message :
>
> Package libemdebian-tools-perl is not available, but is referred by another
> package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only
> available from another source
> E: Package libemdebian-tools-perl has no installation candidate

There is something very wrong with your setup - I've tested with Sid
and with Squeeze, it works fine.

Are you using Debian Lenny? It still works in my tests.

Just install the keyring first:
$ sudo apt-get install emdebian-archive-keyring

Then add these sources to your apt configuration:

# The Emdebian toolchain repository
deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ stable main
deb-src http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ stable main

(Change stable to testing or unstable as appropriate for the rest of
the system.) Maybe create the file
as /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emdebian.sources.list

Then just do:

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install emdebian-rootfs

that will get the version from Emdebian with the dependencies necessary.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/