Re: Working on dpkg-checkbuilddeps support for dpkg-cross

Hi people,

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 21:01, Raphael Bossek wrote:
> > What algorithm are you going to use for convertion?
> A very stupid 'keepdeps' and 'replacedeps' by rewrite_dependencies().

Most of the libdependencies can just be rewritten no? Normal package
dependencies should already be okay. If you change all the
lib...somethings in lib..something-arch-cross it should be okay.

> > You know, some build-deps should be kept as-is, and some should be
> > changed to -arch-cross. A good alrorithm is to convert (to
> > -$arch-cross) packages from lib and libdevel sections, while keeping

Ow it seems this is the same as I was telling higher... If we mean the
same thing please ignore

> > all the rest as-is. But information of package sections is not easily
> > available. Converting everything by default and using only 'keepdeps'
> > and 'ignoredeps' to override is a bad idea IMHO. It will make these
> > lists completely unmaintainable. And 'ignoredeps' will become
> > package-dependent.

Well is the package section not the same as the original/native one?
Correct me if I am wrong, I have the feeling I am missing something. (
And it is too late to think clearly)

> At first it was important to get a version working. Yes, this stupid
> implementation may lead to more maintership.
> The idear with determining the section of a package is a good I think.
> Using libapt-pkg-perl it should be easy get it working.
>
> > Or probably you are faced by problem described at
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/11/msg00943.html
> I'm not sure but I will consider that next time.

Well I would rely on the package info (depends, et al. ) because it
should already be correct. Of course you can find out all stuff with
objdump, but is that not too far fetched if it already has been done?
And it solves the undocumented behaviour problem...

Regards,

Philippe