Re: Community development process

+++ Allen Curtis [04-07-15 13:27 -0700]:
> I am willing to do more if someone wants to provide a laundry list.

I copied over all nikita's current built toolchains. Changing the toolchain
web pages to make these obvious and avaialble as an aptable repository would
be good.

I've started modifying nikita's toolchain build scripts to note the
existence of new toolchain versions, and then download and build them. This
 is the compbuildscript in /var/emdebian/tools/. I want this to
automatically build uptodate toolchains and notify people when it goes wrong.

It's a bit tricky when you get to the details (e.g. dpkg fails to find
gcc-3.4 on that machine, presumably because that is only in unstable.). And
then there's deciding when to migrate toolchains to 'stable' (i.e. we think
they work reasonably well), and setting up the aptable stuff so that there
is a  distinction between emdebian the distro itself and emdebian-provided
debian toolchains. So we probably want emdebian-tools and emdebian
repositories. That's what I'm aiming for - does that seem sensible to all?

Can you add me too the SUdoers list Allen, as it makes fiddling with the
system a lot easier. Or remind me of hte root passwd (the problem being that
I'll forget again in a few weeks).