Re: Re: Emdebian 'shrunken debian scheme'

>I agree, a bulleted list would be nice. I would like to see discussions
>of points an "emdebian" target would _need_ to hit:

>* Have an emdebian-indep target
>* Have an emdebian-arch target

What I would like to see first is some good Howto docs on generating the modifications to the stock source packages for setting up the uclibc build target options and managing a local repository of your build packages for installing onto the target. I'm a long time unstable user of debian and can fix most any dpkg install isues but I know very little about the build scripts that generate a .deb and generating/modifying the dependency list.

A good info source on this this would allow me and probally others to begin modifying the build scripts for the packages they use. Then we could start pushing those mods back to the emdebian site and upstream maintainers.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith@bitworks.com