uClibc/debian system for x86

On Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 11:31:19AM -0700, Erik wrote:
> Never fear however...  I have my debian-uclibc system in pretty
> good shape with some 550+ packages built for x86.  I need to make
> a few additional updates to the gcc .deb (i.e. the gcc .deb is
> not building just yet so I'm still using a hand built gcc), and I
> need to clean up a few remaining little hacks before posting what
> I have.

Ok, I'm a bit later than I had planned on, as adding that last
10% of polishing took another 90% of the time.  Regardless,
without any further ado, here is my debian-uclibc system...

	http://people.debian.org/~andersee/

I have only posted the source for the base system (most of which
is stock debian woody, or stock testing where appropriate), but
fear not since you're not missing anything, most things are stock
and I have posted patches for the packages which I have
modified...

Hopefully this will be a nice starting point for developing a
proper embedded debian system.  Let me say this again -- this is
a first cut.  It works pretty well in my testing thus far.  But
it is also not even slightly optimized for use in embedded
systems just yet.... This is a starting point for further effort,
not a finished product ready to deplay on millions of devices.

 -Erik