Re: Emdebian 'shrunken debian scheme'

<snip>

>    Each (source) package will have emdebian-indep and emdebian-arch
>    targets, for architecture independant and architecture dependent
>    parts. These targets will be used by our build infrastructure. Most
>    will simply remove all the docs and other non-essential files such as
>    examples, unused locale information. For some packages changing
>    options to reduce the number of dependencies and/or make things better
>    suited to small systems will be in order. All packages will be built
>    against uclibc instead of glibc. Some secondary binary packages
>    probably need not be built at all.

I agree, a bulleted list would be nice. I would like to see discussions
of points an "emdebian" target would _need_ to hit:

* Have an emdebian-indep target
* Have an emdebian-arch target
* Targets must remove all Documentation
* Targets must remove unused locale information.
* targets must strip --strip-debug,--strip-unneeded, and
--remove-section=.note  from binaries
* built against uclibc version/deb package x.x <---- Erik ???
* ????
* ????

Another point i thought of is what are to do with some of the scripts?
For instance, in know pcmcia-cs scripts require many other small
utilities to function, such as kill, filename, etc. etc. Would an
emdebian target touch those scripts (more work for maintainers), or just
leave them be ?