Re: [Q]: Emacs CVS status

* jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) wrote:
> Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@despammed.com> writes:

>> ...and installing the other add-on packages for Emacs in Debian. :-)

> I think it is up to the maintainers to decide whether they want to
> support it.

Yes, certainly. But if emacs-snapshot really makes it into sid I believe
users would like to see the other packages work, too.

>> Should I send a bug report to the BTS that emacs-goodies-el fails to
>> build on the debianized CVS Emacs?

> No need to. I already fixed it, since I'm one of the maintainers.

Hm, using your emacs-snapshot.tgz from 10-May-2004 07:08 and the latest
emacs-goodies-el I still get:

[16:40]xenon:/home/marcus/test/emacs-cvs# apt-get install emacs-goodies-el
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Recommended packages:
  perl-doc
  emacs-goodies-el
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/567kB of archives.
After unpacking 2224kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package emacs-goodies-el.
(Reading database ... 47106 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking emacs-goodies-el (from .../emacs-goodies-el_24.4-1_all.deb) ...
Setting up emacs-goodies-el (24.4-1) ...
install/emacs-goodies-el: Handling emacs-snapshot, logged in /tmp/elc_rVtQ7X.log
cp: invalid option -- n
Try `cp --help' for more information.
emacs-package-install: /usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/emacs-goodies-el emacs-snapshot emacs-snapshot emacs21 failed at /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-install line 30, <TSORT> line 1.
dpkg: error processing emacs-goodies-el (--configure):
 emacs-goodies-el

Is there anything I could have done wrong?

Regards,
Marcus
--
"Schwer ist es, sich des Zorns zu erwehren, denn
der Mensch erkauft sich Rache mit seiner Seele."