Re: [Q]: Emacs CVS status

jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) writes:

> Seriously, I'm contemplating. I'm not sure it is wise that applications
> support emacs-snapshot, especially because it may regularly bring
> incompatibilities (like Emacs Lisp ones) and break package upgrades.

I'm not sure I'm buying this.  People who install emacs-snapshot wish
to use it, and this includes editing LaTeX documents.

Furthermore, I expect that the CVS Emacs is only used by people who
know what they are doing ;-)

But you're right in that people who install auctex might not expect to
have such problems -- perhaps we need another package auctex-snapshot
which makes it clear what is happening?

> The fix itself is easy. Edit /usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/auctex
>
>  case "${FLAVOR}" in
>     (emacs) : ;;
> -    (emacs21)
> +    (emacs21 | emacs-snapshot)
>          do_byte_compile ${FLAVOR}
>          do_auto ${FLAVOR} ;;
>      (*) echo >&2 "install/auctex: Ignoring emacsen flavor ${FLAVOR}." ;;
>  esac
>
> should work (untested!)

Will test.

Kai