Re: Emacsen MUA

Aaron M. Ucko <ucko@debian.org> wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> writes:
>
> > MH-E already handles attachments using gnus code, so I'll just find out
> > how it does what it does when no attachments are present.
>
> I believe Gnus (or rather Message) always calls mml-generate-mime,
> which scans for non-ASCII characters, MML-denoted attachments, etc.,
> immediately before sending.

Thanks.  I posted to the mh-e-devel mailing list about the topic,
offering to do it but giving another developer first shot since he
wrote MH-E's MIME stuff using gnus as a library, so he was the best
person to do it.

His solution was to call `mh-mml-to-mime' if there are any non plain
ascii characters in the buffer.  Works fine.  And he coded it
immediately (Thanks Satyaki!).  Here, I'll put in an accented character
as a test (é).

Peter