Re: Emacsen MUA

[Disclaimer: I am not an expert on the mail RFCs!]

Hi,

Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> wrote:

> If it's to be MH-E, I can add that somehow (search for any extented
> character and add a header with encoding used in current-buffer).

Just to be sure you are not mistaken, because you wrote in a previous
message that the 8-bit characters at discussion slipped into the To
header: AFAIK, the Content-Type headers you might stick in your message
don't affect the interpretation of the headers themselves. In order to
have 8-bit chars in a header, you need to use a special "encoding",
well, syntax, in the header itself, which is described in the RFC 2047
Aaron pointed you to (see "Use of encoded-words in message headers").

--
Florent