Re: Emacsen MUA

Aaron M. Ucko <ucko@debian.org> wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> writes:
>
> > Makes senses.  I'll see if gnus does something sensible that we can use.
>
> Yep, it includes an emacs-mime module that you can probably take
> advantage of.

MH-E already handles attachments using gnus code, so I'll just find out
how it does what it does when no attachments are present.

> > It's on my MH-E ToDo list now.  :-)
>
> Cool.  (Incidentally, I'm actually a former user -- MIT was into MH
> when I got there, and I was already an Emacs weenie, so I quickly
> gravitated to [a much older version of] MH-E.  As you can see from my
> headers, I use Gnus these days, but I appreciate MH's model and still
> keep messages in individual numbered files.)

Thanks.  I don't expect that MH-E will get users _from_ gnus, but we
might get users that find gnus a bit too complicated.  MH-E aims to be
easy to setup and use. But back in the day I started using email, stuff
like Evolution didn't exist!  So there's a crowd we'll never get.
Personally, I don't think programs like Outlook or Evolution scale to
500 messages a day.

Peter