Re: Can't send mail with Gnus! :(

Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> writes:

>> Any chance to have an 'objective' comparison between some MUA?
>
> Not from me, since I haven't used the others.
>
> As an MH-E developer, I'll just say that we aim for ease of use, modern
> features and full customization via the custom interface (tweaking your
> ~/.emacs file manually should not be necessary).  Since it's actively
> developed, useful feature requests will be considered and likely
> implemented.

I've always wanted to switch from Gnus to another Emacs MUA because I
don't like its design (its API that is), but I failed to find anything
equivalent.  And I'm afraid, MH-E is VM-like, according to its
documentation (no offence). And VM lacks many important features.

So far, if Gnus didn't exist, I would use Wanderlust
http://www.gohome.org/wl which offers quite some interesting features.

For me, a good MUA needs to handle:

- Multiple mailboxes
- Hierachical folders : sorting mailboxes in different folders
- Mailing lists: when replying to the list, setting "To:" properly
  as well as Mail-Followup-To
- Multiple personalities: sets of address+organisation+signature and so on
  that you can switch on the fly
- at least: POP, IMAP, Mbox and Maildir
(I must have forgotten many features)

Cheers,