Re: How to add options of desktop environments for diskless workstations?

>> Is the LTSP chroot built with Plasma only by default?
>
> Yes. But see the manual: it recommends to use the kernel param
> 'desktop=lxde' instead of the default 'desktop=kde' if LTSP is intended
> to be used.

Hi Wolfgang,

Building chroot with the default settings desktop=kde gives us impressive
results for the diskless workstations. They can handle kde perfectly.

I think this recommendation to install with kernel param ?desktop=lxde? is
rather meant for thin client only installations and not combinations of
thin clients/diskless workstations.

What is your opinion and experience on this?

Kind regards,
Roman